Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We may have to wait

Chris and I have talked quite a bit - and right now is just not a good time (money) to adopt. We are both in real estate and the market just keeps getting worse and worse. I am pulling out my hair to try and find a new vocation.. maybe teaching, maybe pharmaceudical sales.. who knows. We are also a bit worried about adding to our family. We have it pretty darn good right now. Max is absolutely a wonderful little guy. I would love to give him a brother - and have someone for him to bond with and pal around with, but worry that it will take a lot of the attention away from Max. We think he deserves to be the center of attention - for a while anyway. We also worry that we won't be as lucky if we try again. Max had no adjustment or attachment problems and is just a healthy little bundle of joy. My friend Sami keeps telling me that "Max is perfect" and we won't get another Max. I know that - but know that we do have plenty of love to give another little boy. We just have to keep praying until we know what to do. So for now - I am sad to say - we are putting our adoption on hold!

3 comments:

Little Patch of Heaven said...

I understand trying to locate the money. Are you still getting your home study updated?

Sherri & Tim said...

I'm so sorry. I know you must be disappointed. You are so lucky to have sweet little Max! Enjoy your time.... Here's hoping the RE Market rebounds soon for all of us!

Sherri & Tim

Tamara said...

I know how hard a decision this is. We too had to take a leap of faith that we would end up with the second child that was another perfect fit for our family and that we would find the financial resources to complete our adoption. We thought our son was completely the right fit for us and love him dearly. Our daughter is totally different than our son. She is easier in some ways and more complex in others. We're here for you no matter what you decide. Hugs, Tamara